Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Accelerated Option
Baccalaureate education provides the entry level preparation for professional nursing practice. This 16 month nursing program is designed for individuals who hold a Bachelor's degree in another field and wish to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). All required general education courses and the previous baccalaureate degree MUST be completed by the end of the fall semester of the current application period.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Function in the beginning role of a baccalaureate generalist nurse in settings that cross all populations and environments
- Demonstrate proficiency in the core nursing competencies of clinical/critical reasoning, patient safety, and quality improvement principles
- Integrate research evidence with clinical expertise and patient values to facilitate clinical practice decisions
- Implement the use of patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices to support safe and effective patient care
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments
- Maintain interprofessional collaboration and communication to improve healthcare outcomes
- Demonstrate professionalism and its values (including altruism, autonomy, human dignity, social justice, and integrity) as a baccalaureate generalist nurse
- Master the required core knowledge for baccalaureate generalist nursing practice
- Applications accepted September 1 - November 1
- Please submit applications as soon as possible - do not wait to collect your credentials.
- Applications do not require an essay or letters of recommendation.
- Registration for the HESI pre-admission assessment exam is September 5 - November 30, and the exam must be taken between September 21 and November 30.
- Notification of Acceptance - December
- Classes begin, May 15, 2022 with a mandatory, in-person half-day Orientation Session
View Informational Videos/Files:
- Recording: Virtual Information Session, on June 18, 2020
- Welcome Future Accelerated Nursing Students