RN-BSN for UCHealth Southern Employees
UCCS offers an RN to BSN cohort specifically for UCHealth Southern Region employees. This partnership between UCCS and UCHealth allows ADN prepared Registered Nurses to earn their BSN part-time and 100% online.
Employees are also eligible for a $10,000 Scholarship through UCHealth to assist with tuition. All recipients of the UCHealth Scholarship are required to sign a financial agreement contract.
RN-to-BSN Program Features
- Classes are 100% online and offered every 8 weeks
- The employee will take 6 credits per semester, and complete the program in 5 semesters
- Your Cohort will follow a sequenced curriculum to build a sense of collegiality
- You will receive support throughout the program from both UCCS faculty and your UCHealth unit manager
- UCHealth Scholarship program is only available to UCHealth Southern Region employees
- We will review your transcripts and provide information on the needed general education course requirements
Why Earn a BSN?
A BSN degree will open doors for you in a variety of nursing career paths and is required for progression to advanced practice nursing and graduate education.
- Builds upon and enhances your knowledge and skills
- More career opportunities and options for advancement
- Salary benefits and greater earning potential
Earning your BSN will not only improve your knowledge and skills, it will improve your patient care and teach you to view your practice from a global perspective.
Admission requirements for UCCS include:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher from ALL colleges attended
- A copy of your current, unrestricted RN License
- Letter proving completion of at least 1,000 clinical hours (only if it has been more than 3 years since you finished your ADN)
Follow the steps below to apply to UCCS:
- Complete the Transfer Student Application and select RN to BSN Memorial Cohort from the program list.
- Submit official transcripts for all colleges attended to the address below:
Office of Admissions & Records
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Submit a copy of your current, unrestricted RN license.
- Submit a letter proving completion of at least 1,000 hours of clinical practice (only if it has been over three years since you finished your ADN).
UCHealth Employee Scholarship
UCHealth Southern Region awards eligible employees $10,000 toward their RN-BSN at UCCS. Employees receiving this Scholarship will sign a financial contract with UCHealth. Below are the steps you need to be eligible for the Scholarship and how to apply to UCHealth.
- You must FIRST be admitted to the UCCS RN-BSN Program.
- Then contact Amanda Leotta at:firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions and paperwork to apply within the UCHealth System.
Cost of Attendance
We are proud to offer you an affordable and transparent cost structure. In the spirit of transparency, UCCS breaks out all mandatory student fees on the student account. Tuition rates are fixed and remain the same for the duration of the program.
Academic Year 2019-2020
$367 per credit hour
(30 total credits)
Orientation & Matriculation Fee
(one-time before you begin classes)
TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE
TOTAL COST WITH UCHEALTH SCHOLARSHIP
My experience with the UCHealth Cohort was unforgettable. There is a great amount of support from all the instructors, tutors, librarians, and academic advisors. When I had a question, I could communicate with someone and receive feedback almost immediately. It really made a difference because we are busy, full-time nurses. We needed a constructive program to help us succeed and this program really met my needs.
I want to thank all the tutors and librarians who diligently supported me through the program. This is one of the most important points I want to share - know your limits and utilize the university’s resources to reach your full potential. I graduated with 3.91 GPA and proved that working full-time, being an ESL student, studying (plus an extra 3 general education classes including Statistics, Pathophysiology, and Nutrition) can be done in 2 years.
I gained a lot of skills in leadership, research, community health, presentation, and public speaking. I believe the BSN degree will open many opportunities. I will be eligible for promotion to charge nurse, I can continue to graduate level education, and I will be a quality RN for a future Magnet status hospital.
RN-BSN Advisor and Marketing Specialist | UCHealth Liaison
email@example.com | 719-255-4400
Project Coordinator and Clinical Student Liaison
firstname.lastname@example.org | 719-365-6962
Click here to schedule a virtual or phone appointment with an advisor or faculty member.