Providing exceptional teaching is a core goal within the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences. The college Outstanding Teaching Awards recognize instructional, research and clinical (IRC) faculty, pre-tenured faculty, and tenured faculty who have demonstrated exemplary contributions to student learning.
All current full-time faculty in the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences with completion of 3 continuous academic years (6 semesters) in rank of the respective award category at UCCS prior to nomination. Teaching in any workload capacity shall be considered for the award (i.e.: curriculum development or student supervision under service, etc.). Specific award categories include:
- IRC faculty
- Pre-tenured faculty
- Tenured faculty
- Upload a 1–2-page statement (pdf format) describing their teaching philosophy and provide examples of how the philosophy has been implemented into their teaching.
- Upload an updated Annual Faculty Activity Report from Watermark. Date range should be January 1, 3-years prior to award application, through March 1 of current year.
- Report options should list teaching first, detailed version, and hidden sections of no activity. Please ensure Watermark is updated to include any honors or recognition of teaching, and any faculty development in teaching that has been done in the previous 3 years.
- Upload Faculty Course Questionnaire summary statement and student comments for the previous 6 semesters (optional: summer courses may be included in addition to 6 semesters).
- Upload a letter of recommendation from their Department Chair.
- Optional: Unsolicited student support may be submitted in support of the nomination.
- Optional: A letter of support from a JBE colleague supporting the nomination. The letter of support should describe the faculty member’s impact on the student experience and student learning.
The recipient of a teaching award will be recognized during the subsequent fall college assembly. All recipients will receive a plaque and a small stipend to be used for scholarly purposes (e.g. conference travel, equipment). The recipient of the teaching award in the tenured category will be required to provide a brief presentation summarizing their teaching insight at the subsequent fall college assembly.
Applications are due by 5:00pm on March 27, 2023 and must be submitted through the online application process below.